Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fragile: Handle with Care!


As I have previously noted, the Christian life is intended to be a Fruitful life. As we grow in our intimacy with Christ, & learn to 
 "Walk in His Spirit", the fruit of the Spirit will flourish  in our lives. Today I'm going to focus on the fruit of Gentleness & illustrate this fruit through the world of nature & animals. Christian evangelical author Jerry Bridges wrote, "Both gentleness and meekness are born of power, not weakness. There is a pseudo-gentleness that is effeminate, and there is a pseudo-meekness that is cowardly. But a Christian is to be gentle and meek because those are Godlike virtues... We should never be afraid, therefore, that the gentleness of the Spirit means weakness of character. It takes strength, God's strength, to be truly gentle." 
Even though I'm a GIANT, I can be GENTLE!
Gentleness considers the needs of others first!
Quaker & political thinker Edmond Burke once stated, "The weapons with which the ill dispositions of the world are to be combated are moderation, gentleness, a little indulgence of others, and a great distrust of ourselves."

No Lion, even a King can be Gentle!



We are not as Ferocious as we appear! We are actually very Gentle.
     Christian author & preacher Francis LaSalle wrote, "Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength."

Gentleness understands just what Ewe need, when Ewe need it!
Even baby Hedgehogs need to be handled GENTLY!
Distinguished Christian pastor & author Max Lucado wrote, " I choose gentleness... Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice may it be only in praise. If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer. If I make a demand, may it be only of myself." 
If Ewe are Gentle with me I'll stay, rather then "High-Tail" it out of here!
Gentleness knows no boundaries!
British Christian evangelical leader & author John Stott wrote,


"The very first thing which needs to be said about Christian ministers of all kinds is that they are "under" people as their servants rather than "over" them (as their leaders, let alone their lords). Jesus made this absolutely plain. The chief characteristic of Christian leaders, he insisted, is humility not authority, and gentleness, not power."
Gentleness means remaining calm, even if someone's on Ewer back!
Gentleness knows when to "Handle with Care"!
Sheep are fortunate to have a Gentle Shepherd to lead, guide, & provide for them on a daily basis. The Gentleness of the Shepherd actually calms their nerves & draws them near to him

I'm so weak that I need a strong, but Gentle leader to guide me.

Gentleness helps drive away my fears!


As Ewe face whatever Ewer day has for Ewe today, recall the Gentleness of Ewer Good Shepherd, & look to Him to guide Ewe into all kinds of new adventures.

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:29

No comments:

Post a Comment